AIRTEL, SEPLAT, GUINNESS record impressive gains, investors gain N134.5 billion
- 12th August 2020
- Posted by: Hakeem
- Category: Stock
Nigerian Stock market ended Wednesday’s trading session on an impressive note.
The All Share Index gained 1.04% to close at 25,141.48 basis points as against -0.58% depreciation recorded previously. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -6.34%. Investors gained N134.5 billion.
Trading turnover, however, closed negative as volume moved plunged by -0.84% as against +17.84% gain recorded on Tuesday. GUARANTY, ACCESS, and ZENITHBANK were the most active to boost market turnover.
Market breadth closed positive as SEPLAT led 18 Gainers as against 10 Losers topped by CHAMPION at the end of today’s session – an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
AIRTELAFRI leads the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
- SEPLAT up 10.00% to close at N385
- AIRTELAFRI up 9.20% to close at N380
- PRESCO up 7.29% to close at N51.5
- GUINNESS up 6.21% to close at N15.4
- OKOMUOIL up 3.90% to close at N80
- CHAMPION down 9.30% to close at N0.78
- ACCESS down 2.29% to close at N6.4
- BUACEMENT down 0.64% to close at N38.7
- ETI down 1.20%to close at N4.1
- ZENITHBANK down 0.59% to close at N16.75
Nigerian bourse rallied up on Wednesday as blue-chip stocks that include GUINNESS, AIRTELAFRI, turned the All-Share index green, coupled with soaring crude oil prices triggered oil stocks like SEPLAT to appreciate in value. Nairametrics envisages you seek the advise of a certified financial advisor on buying stocks.