Clubhouse adds payment feature to enable creators to get paid on the app
- 6th April 2021
- Posted by: Hakeem
- Category: Business plans
Clubhouse, the invitation-only audio-chat social networking app has introduced “clubhouse payments” the first monetization feature for creators on Clubhouse to send and receive payments.
This means that if you are a user on Clubhouse, you can now send money to creators on the platform who host conversations for others.
Launched in 2020 as an invite-only app, Clubhouse aims to help creators build community, audience, and impact by helping them make money and thrive on the platform.
The company gained popularity during the COVID-19 lockdown and has since grown from a small handful of beta testers into a diverse and growing network of people.
Here’s how to send money to a user on Clubhouse
- Tap on the profile of a creator (who has the feature enabled) and tap “Send Money.”
- Enter the amount you would like to send them. The first time you do this, you’ll be asked to register a credit or debit card.
- 100% of the payment will go to the creator. The person sending the money will also be charged a small card processing fee, which will go directly to Clubhouse’s payment processing partner, Stripe. Clubhouse will take nothing.
More payment features that will allow users to pay creators will be released subsequently.
Why this matters
- This new feature will help clubhouse retain most of its users and also help creators get paid directly on the app.
- The feature will also distinguish Clubhouse from its ever-growing list of competitors like LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.