DANGOTE CEMENT, VITAFOAM record losses, as investors lose N35.04 billion
- 17th August 2020
- Posted by: Hakeem
- Category: Stock
The Nigerian Stock market closed today on a bearish note, as the All-Share Index plunged by 0.27% to close at 25,132.67 basis points, as against -0.15% depreciation recorded previously. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at 6.37%.
The NSE market capitalization presently stands at N13.110 trillion. Investors lost N35.04 Billion.
Trading volume turnover closed negative as volume moved down by -66.59%, compared to +86.96% uptick recorded in the previous session.
GUARANTY, ZENITHBANK, and STERLNBANK were the most active to boost market turnover.
Market breadth closed positive as UNILEVER led 17 Gainers, as against 15 Losers topped by LIVESTOCK. Note that this is an improvement when compared with the previous outlook.
- UNILEVER up 10.00% to close at N13.75
- ARDOVA up 9.41% to close at N13.95
- JBERGER up 9.63% to close at N16.5
- DANGSUGAR up 3.36% to close at N12.3
- MTNN up 1.99% to close at N117.8
- VITAFOAM down 5.22% to close at N5.45
- INTBREW down 3.51% to close at N2.75
- UACN down 2.50% to close at N5.85
- UCAP down 1.90% to close at N3.1
- DANGCEM down 0.74% to close at N135
The Nigerian bourse started the first trading week on a bearish note.
Macros coming from the National Bureau of Statistics showed inflation printed upward, thereby putting pressure on financial stocks. Nairametrics envisages cautious buying due to growing political and economic uncertainties.