MTN, SEPLAT, ARDOVA, rally Nigerian stocks up
- 14th January 2021
- Posted by: Hakeem
- Category: Stock
Nigerian Stocks ended Thursday’s trading session on an impressive note.
The All Share Index gained by 1.54% to close at 40,963.14 index points as against +0.11% upsides recorded on Wednesday.
- Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at +1.72%. Nigerian Stock Exchange market value now stands at N21.4 trillion
- Nigerian bourse trading volume also surged higher, on the account volume ticked up by 72.89% as against the 59.86% plunge recorded yesterday. TRANSCORP, MBENEFIT and GUARANTY were the most active to boost market turnover.
- The market breadth closed positive as CHAMPION led 49 Gainers as against 7 Losers topped by COURTVILLE at the end of today’s session – an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- NASCON up 9.72% to close at N17.5
- ARDOVA up 9.25% to close at N21.85
- SEPLAT up 8.76% to close N540
- DANGCEM up 3.04% to close at N237
- MTNN up 1.82% to close at N168
- NEIMETH down 6.36% to close at N2.06
- COURTVILLE down 8.33% to close at N0.22
- JAIZBANK down 2.78% to close at N0.7
- NAHCO down 1.75% to close at N2.25
- GUINNESS down 0.26% to close at N18.85
Nigerian Bourse recorded an impressive winning streak this week as some NSE30 stocks including, SEPLAT, ARDOVA, MTN triggered the upward run at Thursday’s trading session.
- The Nigerian Stock market advance to close in positive territory as buying interest was seen on stocks across the board.
- Bigwig FX however, envisage cautious buying, amid improved market conditions in Nigeria’s financial market.