STANBIC, NB, UNILEVER record gains, as investors gain N49.88 billion
- 13th August 2020
- Posted by: Hakeem
- Category: Stock
The Nigerian Stock Market closed on a positive note today, as the All Share Index gained by +0.38% to close at 25,236.97 basis points as against +1.04% appreciation recorded yesterday.
Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -5.98%. The Nigerian Stock Exchange’s market capitalization presently stands at N13,165 trillion. Investors gained N49.88 billion today.
Market turnover closed positive as volume moved up by +25.97% as against -0.84% downtick recorded in the previous session. GUARANTY, ACCESS and ZENITHBANK were the most active to boost market turnover. ZENITHBANK and GUARANTY topped market value list
Market breadth closed negative as MANSARD led 15 Gainers, as against 18 Losers topped by IKEJAHOTEL.
- UNILEVER up 8.33% to close at N13
- NB up 5.88% to close at N36
- STANBIC up 2.42% to close at N33.8
- FLOURMILL up 2.32% to close at N19.85
- MTNN up 0.84% to close at N119.5
- IKEJAHOTEL down 9.90% to close at N0.91
- CHAMPION down 8.97% to close at N0.71
- UNITYBNK down 8.47% to close at N0.54
- NEIMETH down 5.00% to close at N1.9
- BUACEMENT down 0.26% to close at N38.6
The Nigerian bourse ended on a positive note on Thursday, in spite of relatively thin market liquidity. Nairametrics envisages cautious buying due to security challenges in major economic hubs around the northern part of Nigeria.